Senior Product Manager
The main focus of this position is to play the Product Manager (PM) role on data service infrastructure technical product on design and implementation.
The main responsibility of this position is to own and drive data service infrastructure technical solutions as a product owner to drive the vision to design an end-to-end solution product, and lead a technical team as a Product Manager to work towards the completion of product implementation and rollout.
The product owner must be able to:
• Understand the industrial trend of big data technology (e.g. elasticsearch, web crawler, Kafka).
• Drive, own and define vision of internal technical products focus on data infrastructure
• Identify technical gap to serve internal XXX customers on data service needs (e.g. elasticsearch platform-as-a-service).
• Transform pain points and requirements into the vision of a technical product
• Work with different business domains and technical teams effectively
• Talk technically to the engineers and define a best technical solution
• Support and effectively engage product customers (both internal and external)
• Well document and promote the product to the customers
• Communicate well to the executive on product status and collect constructive feedback
• Communicate and collaborate well externally on public speaking
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Minimum 10 years of overall technical experience, with at least 4 years’ experience as an architect or a technical product manager on technical solutions design and implementation
• Proven track record of understanding enterprise level data infrastructure landscape
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• Proven track record of working with cross-functional team, building partnerships, and driving solutions
• Highly self-driven, manage and drive solutions independently
• Deep understanding of open source technology (elasticsearch, web crawler).
• Deep understanding of product life-cycle and support model
• Good experience on Java development on distributed computing environment
• Understanding of Hadoop, Spark, Kafka open source products is a plus
Preferred / Plus:
• Work experience in international companies
• Development/coding experience
• Open source product management experience